Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A really good day.

So, you know when you stress about the big stuff? And by big stuff, I mean the stuff you have absolutly no control over. I mean, theres no reason to stress over it, but you can't help it. And you wonder why sometimes life doesn't seem exactly fair. And then someone says something, or you read something that makes you remember you are being ridiculous, and maybe you should enjoy the small things in life, and not worry about the big things that you can't control.
After reading one of my favorite blogs this morning I decided its going to be a day of no stress, and enjoying the small stuff. I was inspired to make a list of 10 things that make me happy...and also include Chase's top 10.
Jamie's 10
1. frozen purple grapes
2. This song. It makes me happy, and reminds me of summer.
3. when the nice lady at Target today told me I could go infront of her (even though I had a full cart) since I had a crying child who wasn't going to last much longer.
4. laughing really hard when Jamison described the conversation he had with the owner of the Chinese restaurant.
5. body pillows
6. 80 degree weather
7. carmel filled chocolates
8. Chase's chubby thighs
9. The Office
10. The gorgeous purple flowers blooming in my front porch pot..which I didn't plant and I'm not sure how they got there.
Chase's 10
1. Jumping on the tramp

2. catching lady bugs.


3. eating blue popcicles



4. drawing with sidewalk chalk
5. reading books
6. observing ants and worms
7. fixing my hair
8. watching Toy Story
9. jumping in puddles
10. puckering her lips in the mirror.
I wonder...what would be on your list?

3 comments:

Humanist mom said...

I love this post. I am going to do this on my blog tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration, I need some positive things in my life! You rock!

Jessie said...

Waita go Jamie. I am the queen of worrying and I often find myself worrying about things out of my control. This was a good reminder for me to just chill out! Thanks for sharing!

Sophia said...

I love your list! I am going to make one too!